Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Our Lucy

It is 8 sentence Sunday. Writers submit 8 sentence snippets or poems each week. You can see more here, at Weekend Writing Warriors.

I have no introduction for this poem.


Our Lucy

I want to see you
But you are not here
I see you everywhere in my minds eye
My heart, it’s too hard
Please come back one more day - romp and be naughty
Bug me at my desk, sit on my keyboard
Sit on my papers
Jump on Panda and chase her
I spin you on the desk chair, while you swat at my fingers
You purr, incessantly
You pounce on a mouse outside
And play with it for hours, leaping straight up in the air
Please come back
You are not ever coming back.

2 comments:

  1. aww, so poignant Roberta. It's personal and yet anybody who's lost a beloved pet can relate. I hope you submit these poems somewhere; a lot of people would enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful poem from you (I'm always happy wen I see your name on the list) and even though it's sad to lose a pet, the happy memories do shine though. Just a beautiful expression you gave us today.

    ReplyDelete