Monday, September 23, 2013

Beautiful Autumn Day

My writings have several themes: newness, freedom, growth. Love. Grief. And they usually tumble forth in a heap, in several minutes.

Here's this week's offering:


Your soul has a fringe.
I run my finger alongside
And I fluff it gently,
Like a velvety decorator pillow.
Today it's red with bold uninhibited love.
Passion.
Most days it's a bright happy color.
The color of your smile.
I lay my head on your soul.
Sometimes to rest,
Sometimes to sing
Always to be met with warmth,
And comfort.

Link back here to see more fantastic writing. That's the Weekend Writing Warriors site. Full of talented writers.

14 comments:

  1. A lovely poem. Thank you for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was really beautiful. I love the imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, Roberta! Agree with Millie--the imagery was wonderful. Well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you- Teresa! This one was written recently. :-)
      R

      Delete
  4. Now that is just a beautiful poem. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely. The imagery and emotion are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my submission! :-)
    R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice bit of poetry. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that's very sweet. We don't get much poetry at Weekend Writing Warriors, so a change of pace is great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete