Friday, October 4, 2013

Birthday Wishes

So it's October now. The sun still holds some warmth, and the colors are beginning to turn. Lovely time of year.

This week's offering is a birthday poem I wrote for my sweetie. It may not be polished - but it is heartfelt. ("Creative grammar" has been applied, in order to meet the 8 sentence guideline.)


The day you were born,
The world became brighter-
The sparkle of your inner joy
Lights my world.
Let's melt and flow,
And I don't mean like Rocky Road-
You are the butter to my popcorn,
That gives it zest and flavor-
The shade to my lamp,
That tempers the light and sets the mood.
The sound of our unbridled laughter, rushes forth with pure delight-
The look in your eyes - that look,
And the world melts away-
Nestled in your arms, I am safe from harm - for a little while.
The me reflected in your eyes,
Is me-
And that is joy. Freedom. And well-being.
So Happy Birthday to you, my love.
May your kindness and goodness continue to light your way, now and for years to come.


For more Weekend Writing Warriors submissions, go here.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful...just beautiful. Lucky you to have someone that makes you feel that way! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful poem! Very emotive, feels like it just poured out of you, and all in just a handful of words. Thanks so much for sharing this with us. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Owllady!
      They do tend to just pour themselves out.
      R

      Delete
  3. Another gorgeous poem! Thank you for sharing the emotions with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's beautiful. I hope the recipient of this poem appreciates the love that was poured into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! The food references made me smile! Nicely done :-)

    ReplyDelete