Friday, October 25, 2013

To Steal a Kiss

It's the Sunday 8-Sentence snippet. A talented group of writers post and share an excerpt or a work in 8 sentences. Check out the other submissions here: Weekend Writing Warriors 

This week's poem: Ah...sweet, new love...need I say more?


To Steal a Kiss

To steal a kiss--
If only.
There you are,
Across the room.
My heart launches
Out towards you.
Those moments,
Private tenderness,
Sustain me.
But
There you are,
So close, and yet more distant than I wish.
I touch you with my gaze,
Or try.
When will I hold you again?
I close my eyes
And dream...

5 comments:

  1. Ah, bittersweet. Very nicely done. I like poetry, thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When will I hold you again?
    I think you will, this is very beautiful, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely poem...enjoyed your words very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yearning in this poem. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete